If you want to build strength and endurance over the Winter months whilst having an absolute ball with your teammates, then Cross Country is for you. Run stronger in 2022 whether your aim is a 5k PB at parkrun, the London marathon, triathlon or some mad ultra run.
Final champs table for 2021-22 XC_Champs_2021-22_Results_Race_12 FINAL
A&T Champs Race Schedule for 2021-22
The A&T champs will consist of 12 races, with your best 6 counting towards the champs, but a minimum of only 4 to qualify.
Sat 2nd Oct – Leigh Sports Village (Red Rose) Sat 16th Oct – Leverhulme Park, Bolton (Red Rose) Sat 23rd Oct – Heaton Park (SELCC) Sat 30th Oct – Wilson Fields, Hyndburn (Mid Lancs) Sat 13th Nov – Centre Vale Park, Todmorden (Red Rose) Sat 27th Nov – Sefton Park, Liverpool (Mid Lancs) Sat 4th Dec – Rossendale, Marl Pits (Red Rose) Sat 18th Dec – Heaton Park (SELCC) Sun 23rd Jan – Town Park, Runcorn (NWCC) Sun 6th Feb – Clarke Gardens, Liverpool (NWCC) Sat 12th Feb – Leigh Sports Village (Mid Lancs) Sat 12th Mar – Burnley (Mid Lancs)
A&T Championship Rules
- Club colours: you must wear a club vest or t-shirt when competing, check individual leagues for their rules
- Age Categories: Whilst each league will have the standard age group categories displayed on their results, Astley & Tyldesley age grading for the champs will be ‘Senior’ is under 45 and ‘Vet’ is 45 and over for both men and women. As at the first race of the season.
- Scoring: In all A&T championship age categories 1st place 30 points, 2nd place 29 points, 3rd place 28 points, etc. Best 6 from 12, with head-to-head countback in the event of a tie. 4 races to qualify for prizes.
- Championship Awards: Perpetual trophies will be awarded to first man and woman in each age category. Championship trophies to first 3 men and women in each age category.
- Special award: For anyone who completes all A&T Champs fixtures
Affiliated Leagues 2021-22
Red Rose (https://redrosecrosscountry.co.uk/)
- Entry fee: Pre-register = £6 (series), Post entry (series) = £10, Guests = £6 per fixture
- Race times: Ladies = 13:35, Gents = 14:15
Red Rose Fixture List (A&T champs races in blue)
- Sat 2nd Oct – Leigh Sports Village
- Sat 16th Oct – Bolton, Leverhulme Park
- Sat 13th Nov – Todmorden, Centre Vale Park
- Sat 4th Dec – Rossendale, Marl Pits
South-East Lancs Cross Country League (https://selcc.co.uk/)
- Entry fee: Pre-registration (series) = £6, Post entry (series) = £10, guest & 2nd claim = £10 per race
- Race times: Ladies = 13:40, Gents = 14:20
SELCC Fixture List (A&T champs in blue)
- Sat 23rd Oct – Heaton Park (Middleton)
Sat 20th Nov – Heaton Park – POSTPONED DUE TO STORM
- Sat 18th Dec – Heaton Park (Oldham & Royton)
- Sat 22nd Jan – Heaton Park (Horwich RMI)
- Sat 5th Mar – Heaton Park (East Cheshire)
- Entry fee: Free – paid by club
- Race times: Ladies = 13:30, Gents = 14:15
Mid-Lancs Fixture list (A&T champs in blue)
- Sat 9th Oct – Burnley (Trawden AC)
- Sat 30th Oct – Hyndburn (Hyndburn AC)
- Sat 27th Nov – Liverpool (British Athletics)
- Sat 15th Jan – Blackpool (BWFAC & Fylde)
- Sat 12th Feb – Leigh Sports Village (Leigh Harriers)
- Sat 12th Mar – Burnley (Clayton)
North West Cross Country (http://www.stevesaunders.co.uk)
Entry fee: We will be guest runners this season – £2ish per race, payable at end of season
Race times: Sunday 10 am (all runners together)
NWCC Fixture list (A&T champs in blue)
- Sun 7th Nov – Beacon Park, Skemersdale
- Sun 23rd Jan – Town Park, Runcorn Results
- Sun 6th Feb – Clarke Gardens, Liverpool Results Course info
Sun 20th Feb – Croxteth Hall Country Park CANCELLED!!
- Sun 27th Feb – Arrowe Park, Wirral
Archive: A&T Champ Previous Years Results