Monday night track sessions take place at;
Leigh Sports Village, Sale Way, Leigh, WN7 4JY
6:30 – 7:30 Monday Evening (Except Bank Holidays)
These Sessions are organised by Dave Sloan who has been a member of the club since 2013 and track coach since 2014.
These sessions are focused on speed and speed-endurance and are generally organised seasonally based on the up-coming races of the club (i.e. road season, cross country, spring marathons). All sessions can be adapted to suit individual training needs if required.
- 10-12x 400m – 1:30 Recovery (40 min limit)
- 8-10x 600m – 1:30 Recovery (40 min limit)
- 1 or 2x 800m – 1:30 Recovery
- 2x 600m – 1:30 Recovery
- 2x 400m – 1:00 Recovery
- 2x 200m – 3:00 Recovery
- 3x 1,000m – 2:00 Jog Recovery to Start
- 3x 300m – 1:30 Jog Recovery to Start
10x 200m – 3:00 Active Recovery
40 Minute – See how far you can get:
Start at 200m, every time you complete a set, rest 10 Seconds for every 200m run and increase the next set by 200m.
- 200m Run
- 10 Secs Rest
- 400m Run
- 20 Sec Rest
- 600m Run
- 30 Sec Rest
- …… Continue to increase until 40 mins completed.
- The more rest you get, the harder you can work!!!!!!
6-8x 800m – 2:00 Recovery (40 min limit)
**** 1-Mile Time-Trial ****
Re-Test after previous TT on 24/06/19.
Session will be a long warm-up consisting of drills and efforts to warm the body up to go for a fast 1-mile effort.
There will be a Men’s and Ladies race with times recorded.
- 15:00 Warm-Up & Drills
- 800m Steady with Strides every 100m.
- 2x 400m Hard (3:00 Static Recovery)
- 2x 200m Hard (3:00 Static Recovery)
- 5:00 Rest
- 400m Easy With Strides – Directly before Time-Trail.
- 1-Mile Time-Trial – Best Effort.