Silver Lane Lakes 5k
Dig out your A&T vest and kickstart your racing year on Sat 17th Apr from 9am. This is a 5k, single marked lap on a quick course consisting of wide-open tarmac road and gravel tracks, to be run in groups according to your estimated 5k time.
Course description: Silver Lane Lakes 5k
Garmin route: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/53464156
Strava route: https://www.strava.com/routes/2815888614122990584
Freedom Trails Series
Latest results (3 race series) Freedom Trails after Borsdane Wood 2
The A&T Freedom 3 race mini-series is an intra-club comp with 3 different races on closed trails over 3 weeks in early April, to get us back into the competitive groove before “proper” racing starts. Each route will be zero navigation and can be run in road shoes, though you can choose trails if you prefer! All are welcome to join in and even if you can’t manage to do all 3 races it’d be great to see you out there on 1 or 2 of them. Let’s see how many A&T vests we can get out there! And maybe you can organise yourselves into groups of up to 6 to run them in small groups.
The rules are as follows. The first 2 routes are to be run at any time during the stated week. You can run the route as many times as you like during that week, with your best elapsed time counting. Then, assuming that the easing of lockdown continues as planned, the final race will be run competitively on the morning of Sat April 17th in small covid-compliant groups according to your expected 5K time and we will use the booking system for this one. Scoring will be the usual 30 for fastest, 29 for 2nd, etc and I will run this as separate male/female comps, publishing the scores after each race. All 3 races will count. If on the same points then it’ll be on head-to-heads. Please record your race online somewhere I can see on Garmin, Strava, etc and let me know by IM, email, carrier pigeon, whatever. Tagging me in a Strava comment is the easiest and note that I need your elapsed time, so it would be good if you could set it to Type = Race. And finally, note that anyone straying from the current government rules will be disqualified.
Further details for each race will be posted separately as Facebook “events”, and just to reiterate that they have been picked for zero navigation (no gpx required, but I can send you one if you like!), to allow road shoes and also for their scenic aspect.
Race 1 29th Mar – 4th Apr Sankey Canal 5 miles, straight out-and-back on hard trails. Sankey Canal 5 miles – Freedom Trail Series 1
Race 2 5th Apr – 11th Apr Borsdane Wood 5.5 miles, 2x out-and-back on hard trails. Borsdane Wood 5.2 miles – Freedom Trails 2
Race 3 Sat 17th Apr Silver Lane Lakes 5k, 1x marked lap on tarmac and gravel trails. Silver Lane Lakes 5k – Freedom Trails 3
2021 Lockdown Trail Series
Final times: Lockdown Trails Times after TDL 12 FINAL
2021 Route Details
- Route 12: 22nd March – 28th March Tour de Leigh
- Route 11: 15th March – 21st March Lilford Park
- Route 10: 8th March – 14th March Light Oaks
- Route 9: 1st March – 7th March Highfield Moss
- Route 8: 22nd Feb – 28th Feb Whitehead Hall Meadow
- Route 7: 15th Feb – 21st Feb Parsonage Colliery
- Route 6: 8th Feb – 14th Feb Low Common
- Route 5: 1st Feb – 7th Feb Marsland Green
- Route 4: 25th Jan – 31st Jan Taylor’s Hole
- Route 3: 18th Jan – 24th Jan Lightshaw Meadow
- Route 2: 11th Jan – 17th Jan Le Tour D’Atherton
- Route 1: 1st Jan – 10th Jan Viridor Wood
Rules for 2021
UPDATE 9th Jan 2021: The leaderboard is currently suspended whilst in National Lockdown.
It may be necesary to amend these rules from time to time, which may mean backdating results.
- The overall leaderboard will be mixed but the points scored will be gender-specific – 30 for the quickest, 29 for 2nd, etc. (see leaderboard for further details)
- Leaderboard positions:
- By number of points scored across your best 66%+ events (see 3 below)
- Where 2 runners of the same gender are equal on points then most head-to-head wins will count
- Where head-to-heads do not separate, then % average across completed routes will be used
- You won’t need to complete all routes, but at least 66% of the routes will count (for example, if we have done 6 routes then your best 4 will count, if we have done 13 then 9 will count)
- You can make as many attempts as you like during the allotted time period
- Record your time on Garmin or equivalent and let me know by either tagging me or sending a message.
- It is the ELAPSED time that counts, i.e. not moving time, as this is the equivalent of your race time – the clock keeps ticking if you need to tie your shoelace! On Strava, setting your result to “Race” makes this easy to see.
Final results for 2020
2020 Route Details
- Route 1 2nd Nov – 8th Nov: Pennington Flash
- Route 2 9th Nov – 15th Nov: Gin Pit
- Route 3 16th Nov – 22nd Nov: Low Hall Nature Reserve
- Route 4 23rd Nov – 29th Nov: Crankwood
- Route 5 30th Nov – 6th Dec: Windy Bank
- Route 6 7th Dec – 13th Dec: Cutacre
- Route 7 14th Dec – 27th Dec: Walker Fold